While it seems to be skipping us this year, spring will come eventually! Now that the weather is a bit more bearable, consider the following tips to keep the running water from destroying your property.
- Clear snowbanks from around your foundation walls, basement windows and out of window wells
- Ensure the drains on your street are unobstructed
- Point your downspouts toward the street, away from your home. Be mindful to direct water away from your neighbors yard as well, they will appreciate it!
- If you have a sump pump, make sure it is in good working order and that the water is pumping away from the property.
- If you don't have a sump pump, this might be a good time to consider having one installed
Spring is an exciting time in Saskatchewan but we have a lot more snow this year than in previous years and it's important to prepare for the run off and avoid costly problems.