A pleasant smile drew me to thier booth at the Chamber event "Business After Hours". As we chatted I learned more about thier services, and not being in Human Resources myself, I was intrigued about what they had to offer our communinty and wanted to learn more.
Human Resources Institute of Alberta
HRIA (Human Resources Institute of Alberta) is the leading professional association for human resources practitioners in Alberta dedicated to strengthening and promoting the HR profession. As Alberta’s exclusive granting body for the Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, HRIA plays a critical role in establishing professional standards within the industry. The HRIA membership connects over 5,900 HR practitioners, including 3,100 + CHRPs across the province through various professional development, networking, and community initiatives.
Mission, Vision & Values
With the long-term Vision to be the source for human resources leadership and expertise, the HRIA has embarked on a Mission to strengthen and promote the profession of human resources, while continuously advocating five core organizational Values:
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves with the highest ethical principles and professional standards. Honesty, openness and trustworthiness are the hallmarks of our profession. We act in a responsible and credible manner when fulfilling our obligations.
- Accountability: We meet the commitments we make and take responsibility for all actions and outcomes.
- Growth: We believe that perseverance and dedication will lead to success. We are committed to embracing innovative solutions for the enhancement of services and intellectual advancement within our profession.
- Leadership: We lead by example and demonstrate commitment to our stakeholders and to the profession by achieving our vision and mission.
- Excellence: We develop, promote and embrace the highest quality standards and a commitment to continuous improvement within the profession of human resources.
The HRIA – Central Alberta Chapter (CAC) usually meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at the Red Deer County Centre. Exceptions to the schedule may include off-site events or professional development opportunities. Events are advertised on the HRIA website for the Central Alberta Chapter. The chapter allows networking, professional development, resources for ongoing best practice, and to be a part of “one voice” as a member of the larger group. For further information on the HRIA or Central Alberta Chapter, please contact the HRIA at www.hria.ca
Thanks for the information Jana, it was great meeting you! What an interesting Red Deer Resource ...from the "Go to Girl" pass it along.