1) Decide you are ready. Sounds easy but this is the first, most important step towards homeownership.
2) Contact a financial advisor (bank, trust company, mortgage broker). They will help you get pre-approved for a mortgage.
3) Find a REALTOR® that is right for you. Buying a home is a great experience, but it can also be an emotional journey.
4) Now, the fun part! Discuss your wants and needs, your likes and dislikes. What area of town do you want to live in? Do you want to be close to schools, parks, shops? What style of home best suits your lifestyle?
5) Your REALTOR® will arrange appointments for you to see what's out there. Enjoy the process.
6) Once you find "THE" home, you will know it. Your REALTOR® will help you decide a fair price for the home based on current comparables in the market place. Make your offer.
7) Once your offer is accepted, you will need to complete financing, insurance, inspection and legal details. Your REALTOR® can give you the names of some professionals that are well respected in your town.
8) Close the deal.
9) Move in!! Enjoy your new home.