In the next couple weeks I’d like to share some of my favourite Christmas recipes on my blog. This week I will start off with one of my Moms “famous” Christmas cookie recipes, Nutmeg Logs! Enjoy!
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon brandy extract
3/4 cup sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Red & green coloured sugar
1. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla & brandy extract together
2. Beat in egg; add salt and flour. Combine to make a soft dough
3. Roll into 1/2" ropes and cut 2" lengths
4. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
5. Completely cool and frost with vanilla icing. Sprinkle with red and green coloured sugar.