Thinking about purchasing an investment property?
Perhaps a property aimed towards retirees would be the most beneficial.
"By 2030, one-third of Waterloo Region's population will be 55 years or older". Source
It's a good idea to keep that in mind if you are currently or thinking about looking at investment rental properties.
Why? Well here are the facts:
- More people are choosing to rent due to increased house costs, some permanently.
- Retirees are opting to rent after they sell their homes, rather than buy a smaller home.
- Retirees would rather turn their equity into cash and move into a high end, or luxury rental while keeping the proceeds from their sale into spending money.
- Overall most retirees are looking for a comfortable bridge between home-ownership and retirement homes.
What they are looking for:
- Rental in the suburbs (<20 minutes from the city).
- Nearby good transit.
- Requiring little to no maintenance.
- Bungalow to help meet health care needs.
- Kitchen and garage located close for ease of carrying groceries.
Helpful tip: Find a home that is wheelchair accessible and has wider hallways to increase desirability!
As a nurse who has experience in long-term care and assisted living, I can help you if you have any questions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call or Text: 519-497-6795 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org