City Council chose not to move ahead with cutting the Land Transfer Tax at this time .
Accomplishments Made :
• Although City Council voted against cutting the Land Transfer Tax, our voice helped to move this issue forward and position it to be a central part of the current municipal election campaign.
• It's also important to note that the current Land Transfer Tax rates were NOT INCREASED. Various City Councillors attempted to increase the budgeted Land Transfer Tax revenue, so, without a vocal push-back, they may have also tried to increase the Land Transfer Tax rates.
• The existing rebate for first-time home buyers was maintained. Various councillors discussed the possibility of eliminating this. Again, our voices helped to prevent that.
• Our voices helped to make the LTT a high-profile part of the City's budget debate and showed strong opposition, which sends a strong message to other GTA municipalities that may be thinking about implementing a municipal land transfer tax.
Toronto Land Transfer Tax Update
- February 12, 2014
CENTURY 21 Heritage Group Ltd., Brokerage*
- 2014 (2)
- Buy (1)
- buy, home, house, investment, affordable (1)
- City of Toronto (1)
- CMHC, mortgage, insurance, premium (1)
- CMHC, mortgage, self employed, buy, insurance, owner, (1)
- Condos (1)
- Construction and Expansion (2)
- Family & Kids (3)
- generation x, baby boomers, generation Y, entertainment, technology, condos, family, urban, cafe, downtown, Toronto,investors, buy, townhouse, semis, detached, restaurants, parks, whirlpool, night life, games (1)
- GTA (1)
- HST, renovate (1)
- Invest Homes (1)
- kids, gift, help, buy, home, house, rent, mortgage, CMHC (2)
- Land Transfer Tax Toronto (1)
- Market (1)
- Market Reports and Conditions (11)
- market, April, spring, prices, MLS (1)
- Municipal Land Transfer Tax , Provincial Land Transfer Tax, Rebates, house, home buyers (1)
- New Homes (3)
- Real Esstate (1)
- real estate statistics, sales, transactions, September 2013, residential , affordable, (2)
- rental properties, flipping (1)
- Resale (1)
- Richmond Hill (1)
- sales, growth, average price, October (1)
- Sell (1)
- Statistics (1)
- York Region (1)