I often get asked by real estate agents whether or not they should start a blog. The answer is always YES!
A real estate blog is a MUST for building online credibility, here’s why …
1. A blog is much more than just an online dairy, it’s a great way to position yourself as a local expert by consistently publishing articles that share your knowledge of real estate and the local market. The key is to write or find articles that directly address the type of clients you want to work with. For example, if you want to work with buyers, write useful articles that help explain everything there is to know about the buying process.
2. Google Loves Blogs!!! Every time you post a new article, you’re creating a distinct URL link that gets indexed in search results. Your goal should be to optimize your post titles and post content with keywords that match the search phrases your target customers are searching for on the web. The more consistent you are in terms of posting, the more likely you are to rank for those terms.
3. It’s a great way to stand out from the competition. What makes you different than every other real estate agent out there? With a blog, you really have an opportunity to show people that you know real estate better than anyone else in the area. Then, by developing your writing voice and injecting your personality into your content, you’ll really let people come to know, like and trust you.
4. It helps keep your content up-to-date and relevant. Instead of having a static website, you’ll be able to publish fresh new content to help readers stay current with the latest market statistics, new listings, financing information and more. By staying current with your content, you’re giving site visitors a reason to come back!
5. It will make you both a better writer and a better communicator. Writing forces you to think about how you can break a complicated process down into simpler, understandable terms. The better you get at this, the better you’ll get at communicating with clients as well.
6. It’s a great home-base for all of the content you create and share via social media. Facebook, YouTube and now Pinterest are great for social networking, but your end goal should be to drive people back to your website, and ultimately to contact you about buying or selling real estate.
7. It’s a great way to stay top-of-mind with both new prospects and past clients. You’ve heard the saying “people do business with people they know, like and trust.” A real estate blog helps you develop long-term relationships with readers long before they’re ready to buy or sell. The more they read your articles, the more they will come to like and trust you. And although they might not know you (yet), they will feel like they do.
There you have it, seven great reasons to start a real estate blog today! Just think, today’s blog, could be tomorrow’s sale… so what are you waiting for?
NEXT WEEK: 10 Steps to Start a Real Estate Blog
Thanks for reading. If you have any questions or suggestions, please share in the comment section below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.