Thinking about selling and not sure if you should wait for the spring? A few points why selling now is still a great time a year...
- Tis the season; Your house is probably looking its best after holiday cleaning, twinkly lights and decorations – show it off and get it sold!
- Less competition; You aren’t the only one on your street who is thinking about moving soon – but you might me the only one who is selling now if you decide to list!
- Buyers are always looking; all day, everyday, all year. Don’t get caught up and thinking that cold weather = not wanting to move. However, people are less likely to stumble across your for sale sign, so, make sure you are working with a reputable realtor (ie. us) who have professional photographers and an online presence to get your house found by web surfers.
- Its getting crowded; In-laws coming over might be enough to drive anyone crazy (present company excluded) but in a one bedroom apartment or a townhouse with three kids plus having friends and family over can start to make any home feel tight.
- Baby its cold outside!; People are staying inside in the warmth... looking at the stains on their carpet, the paint job their “handyman” husband did that looks terrible, the outdated kitchen, etc. etc. which means, people are also looking at moving into your house that is staged, decorated, marketed and ready to buy!!
If you or anyone you know is thinking about moving in the next six months be sure to contact us for help with prepping your house to sell and a free market valuation and relocation advice!