Bethesda Lutheran Church is one of the earliest churches established in york region with records dating back to 1794.
The original brick church building was erected on the site of the present day cemetary in 1861 at the top of the hill just north of the intersection of 16th Avenue and Kennedy Road. As the community of Unionville was growing two miles to the south it was felt that the church should be moved into the town. In 1910 the church was taken down and rebuilt on its present site at the corner of Euclid & Union Streets. In 1990 a major expansion of the church was carried out which added about a third to the worship space.
Twenty years later it became necessary to replace the asphalt roof and the congregation decided to replace it with a long lasting steel roof to protect our historic church for decades to come.
To help pay for our new roof the congregation will be holding a book/bake sale and luncheon. Mark April 24th on your calendar doors open at 9:30 a.m. The luncheon cost is $5.00 with a menu of sandwiches, veggies, desert and drink.
Donations of good previously loved books are welcome. For more info please contact Rose Schneider at 905-477-9163.
New members are always welcome.
The church address is: 20 Union Street, Unionville, L3R 2H5, the phone # is 905-477-1731 or visit the church website at www.bethesdalutheranchurch.ca