I received this list of 10 Things you should know about Mould from Tim Palmer:
By Lighthouse Inspections Durham Region
1. Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mould exposure include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
2. There is no practical way to eliminate all mould and mould spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mould growth is to control moisture.
3. If mould is a problem in your home, you must clean up the mould and eliminate sources of moisture.
4. Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mould growth.
5. Reduce indoor humidity (to 30% to 60%) to decrease mould growth by:
6. Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24 to 48 hours to prevent mould growth.
7. Clean mould off hard surfaces with water and detergent, and dry completely. Absorbent materials that are mouldy (such as carpeting and ceiling tiles) may need to be replaced.
8. Prevent condensation. Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof and floors) by adding insulation.
9. In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting.
10. Moulds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, provided moisture is present. There are moulds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
Find more information on InterNachi web site here
or Tim Palmer can do an infrared scan for you.
Sorry Tim I had to change "mold" to "mould" - still prefer the British spelling.
10 Things You Should Know About Mould
- January 14, 2016
CENTURY 21 Infinity Realty Inc., Brokerage*
- April Home Checklist (1)
- April maintenance (1)
- avoiding bidding wars (1)
- Baby Boomers (1)
- below market value (1)
- Best Deals in Real Estate (1)
- boomers (1)
- checklist (1)
- DIY home maintenance (1)
- downsizing (1)
- Durham College,Bistro 67,Greenhouse,Horticultural program (1)
- Durham Real Estate (1)
- Fall Home Maintenance Checklist Tips (1)
- free market evaluation (1)
- Gen X (1)
- Gen Z (1)
- get ready to sell (2)
- get the most for your house (2)
- Guide to the hottest neighbourhoods (1)
- home checklist (3)
- home repair (2)
- housing markets (1)
- houzz (1)
- investor (1)
- listing package (1)
- low real estate inventory (1)
- market evaluation (1)
- Market Reports and Conditions (1)
- maximize selling price (2)
- May Checklist (1)
- millenials (1)
- Moneysense Mag (1)
- new year (1)
- Oshawa Central (1)
- Oshawa O'Neill (1)
- overlooked property (1)
- personalized services (1)
- professional agent (1)
- real estate investment (1)
- real estate photography (1)
- Realtor Ad, Motel Ad, Motel Commercial (1)
- Schools & Universities (1)
- seller's market (1)
- selling your house (1)
- Silent Generation (1)
- smart analysis of market (1)
- spring home repairs (1)
- spring home updates (2)
- spring mainenance (1)
- spring maintenance (1)
- staging advice (1)
- tips for buyers (1)
- tips for sellers (1)
- Top 25 Neighbourhoods in GTA (1)
- Where to Buy (1)
- Winning (1)