Maintain and enhance the look of your home by increasing it's Curb Appeal.
The view from the curb is the first impression you give people of your home. You can take pride in its appearance, as well as add value to your home if you decide to sell. There are a number of simple and relatively inexpensive ways to increase your homes curb appeal and make a big impact:
- Take stock of what you have. Evaluate the condition and practicality of such things as trees, bushes and walk-ways in your yard. Make a list of the aspects you like and also ones you would like to update. This will give you a good start.
- Clearing the debris that may be hindering the appearance of your yard may be one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to improve your homes curb appeal. Start by raking the leaves and trimming bushes and trees.
- Incorporate colour and texture to your yard with different plants and rocks. Keep soil free of weeds with mulch or ground cover.
- Spruce up the paths. If the walks, steps and porches aren't damaged, they may only need a good cleaning. Other inexpensive alternatives to consider are painting, staining or replacing existing materials with stepping stones, pavers or gravel.
- Give your front door a fresh coat of contrasting paint or stain. Just paint the trim if you are on a budget.
- Replace your porch light with a new fixture that compliments your home's style.
- Add a new mailbox and handsome street numbers. They will go a long way in enhancing your home's curb appeal.