"You only get 1 chance to make a first impression" something we have all heard many times in the past, and the reason for that is simple. It's True. MANY OPINIONS ARE GATHERED BASED ON CURB APPEAL.
In a lot of cases, most people passing by your property never actually have the opportunity to view the interior of your home. Be assured that opinions are gathered based on the appeal that it portrays.
I would like to review a few suggestions that will pay off for every home owner, regardless of the value of a property.
1, In my opinion, ongoing maintenance and updating of a property is something that should be worked into a regular routine, rather than putting forth effort when a property is listed for sale. If a property is looked after on a day to day basis, it will always look its best. People definitely take note of a property that is cared for. Take Pride in Ownership from day one.
2. On the exterior, apply a fresh coat of paint to your front door. A colour that says WELCOME and compliments the homes exterior is always best.
3. Keep the grounds maintained, weeds controlled, and shrubs trimmed. Remove all perrenials or shrubs that have taken over gardens and walkways.
4. Make the effort and clean the windows.
5. Clean and declutter the garage. Sweep and then wash the floors if possible.
6. Pets are certainly important for many people, and they are part of their home. For the safety of your pet and for the potential new owner of your home, ensure that all pets are in their kennels or taken out with you while the property is being viewed.
7. Make the effort and have all carpeted areas of the home cleaned and stains removed. A freshly vacummed carpet is very inviting. Other floor coverings should always be clean also.
8. Freshen up interior walls with a coat of paint. Neutral colours are usually best. Don't forget to evaluate the state of the trim work also.
9. Clean all of your appliances, and declutter your kitchen counters and any other areas that look cluttered. Strive for a clean, stream lined appearance. I know how much everyone likes to display special items on their refrigerator door, and that is wonderful, but just while your home is for sale, it is beneficial to removed those special items.
l0. In my opinion, it is imperative that all bathrooms and mirrors be sparkling clean. People are very germ conscious and they will certainly be looking in this area.
There are many things to consider when it comes to the overall look of your home thru the eyes of someone else. Overall, always ensure that your home is clean, organized, odour free and welcoming. Remember, you don't have to break the pocket book to accomplish your tasks. All your efforts will pay off in the end, so put your thoughts together, and then get busy.