Summer Home Maintenance
With the temperature now reaching 30° across our area it is important to look after routine summer maintenance for your home. Below is a list of some of the simple things that your professional home inspector will inspect and report on during a Home Maintenance Inspection.
- Measure basement humidity.
- Check air conditioning/dehumidifier filters.
- Check basement pipes insulation to avoid condensation or dripping.
- Inspect window putty on outside of glass panes.
- Check garage door and opener motor for proper operation & adjustment and hardware/chain lubrication.
- Check and replace damaged caulking and weather-stripping around windows and doorways, including the doorway between the garage and the house.
- Inspect electrical service lines for secure attachment where they enter your house, and make sure there is no water leakage into the house along the electrical conduit.
- Check exterior wood siding and trim for signs of deterioration.
- Check for any holes in exterior cladding that could be an entry point for small pests, such as bats and squirrels.
- Inspect roof, inside and out & report on general condition.
- Examine all roof flashings, such as at chimney and roof joints, for any signs of cracking or leakage.
- Check the chimney cap and the caulking between the cap and the chimney.
- Check security of all guardrails and handrails and damaged steps that may present a safety problem
-courtesy of A Buyer's Choice Home Inspections