Canadian home sales edge higher in January
According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged up on a month-over-month basis in January 2013. National sales activity has held fairly steady after gearing down last August in the wake of tightened mortgage lending rules.
- • National home sales rose 1.3% from December to January.
- • Actual activity came in 5.2% under levels in January 2012.
- • The number of newly listed homes rose 1.6% from December to January.
- • The Canadian housing market remains firmly in balanced territory.
- • National average sale price was up 2% year-over-year in January
For full report by Pierre Leduc, Media Relations, The Canadian Real Estate Association. Click the following link: