The Christmas season begins when we start decorating our houses. With little effort and some simple steps we can have a fully decorated house filled with the magic of the holidays.
* Colour and style. First, decide the colour that you want to use to decorate the house and choose a style (rustic, minimalist, elegant, sophisticated, child friendly). Although there are new colour trends, red, gold and silver remain the protagonists of the Christmas season.
* The Christmas tree. Lights and garlands go first. Next choose Christmas balls that are different shades of the colour you decided to use. Add flowers, ribbons, pinecones and a star. If you want the little ones to participate, use simple decorations like stuffed animals, candy, or ornaments they have made. Around the tree you can place decorative items like Santa Claus figurines, gifts and even a train encircling the tree.
* Christmas lights and candles. Lighting also plays an important role in the décor and besides the tree lights you can put candles around the rooms to give a warm and welcoming light to the entire house. Use centrepieces and poinsettias for a cozy Christmas feeling.
* Outdoor Décor. The exterior of the house should be part of all the Christmas decorations too. For an instant Christmas sparkle, add a wreath on the door with pinecones, holly berries and poinsettias.
* The Christmas Village. Create your own beautiful winter wonderland Christmas village. For this holiday tradition, you can now find in stores endless accessories, such as houses, people and animals, making the village a magic addition to your holiday decorations.
I would like to share with you a video published by Lowes Canada. Great more quick tips on how to make your home look festive for the holidays. Christmas comes to every household at this time. Let yours reflect that the joy and magic of the holidays has arrived.