CENTURY 21 Trident Realty Ltd.
- 796 Main Street Highway 7
Dartmouth, NS B2W 3V1
Welcome to my Website
I am a full time, non-selling manager and am commited to the associates of this company. I view our associates as my clients and do whatever I can to ensure their success.
Century 21 Trident Realty Ltd. was formed in 1980 and has maintained its office in Cole Harbour. Whether buying, selling or investing, we are proud to have build a solid reputation on customer service.
I am a strong supporter of organized Real Estate and have been involved for many years with the Provincial Association. I believe that an educated consumer is a "client for life" and in that regard we have several consumer oriented information manuals geared towards the process of buying and selling.
THE DIFFERENCE REVEALED
ENDURANCE+STRENGTH+RECOGNITION=BRAND POWER - YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT US!
Whether in the business, new to the business or contemplating a career change you need to know about the changes to CENTURY 21™ and the benefits of being with CENTURY 21 TRIDENT REALTY LTD.
Below is a preview of just a few of the items we have to offer:
- Non-selling broker/manager
- Generous commission plans with no roll backs
- Office tour & information meetings bi-weekly
- FREE Agent website
- FREE email address
- FREE domain registration
- FREE registration to online Webex training
- No desk fees
- No phone or fax charges
- Office duty options
- A Team Atmosphere with lots of Team Support
- In Office Training/Mentoring and Coaching
Let us assist you in making this your best year ever! Contact me for a confidential off-site meeting to discuss details of how I can help you. Just pick up the phone and call me at 221-6955 - I look forward to hearing from you!
- Since joining this industry in 1980 I have been actively involved in many aspects of the industry. I believe that we must take an active role in a business that is constantly changing. For the years I have been in the industry I have participated in many committees such as:
- Education Committee for the NSAR
- Professional Standards Committee for the Halifax Dartmouth Real Estate Board
- President of the Halifax Dartmouth Real Estate Board
- President of the NSAR
- Chairperson of the Century 21 Broker Council
- Licensing Committee for the Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission
- Complaint Review Committee for the Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission
I continue to participate in committee work and various ad hoc committees. I have strong feelings that we must actively participate in the business that is our livelyhood.
As a past president of our local board and our provincial association I believe that we must all take an interest in our industry. With that said, I continue to be involved with our association and serve on a number of committees. My special interest is in the Professional Development/Education Committee as I believe that we must continue to learn if we are to better service our sellers and buyers. This industry is always changing and it is our responsibility to keep abreast of the changes that affect us.
The middle of nine children I was the last one born in Germany before my parents imigrated to Canada, settling in Newfoundland. From there my family moved to New Brunswick in 1973 and I still have 1 brother there and lots of in-laws. The rest of my family is spread out between Europe and Canada. In 1980 my husband's company offered him a position in Nova Scotia and we have been here ever since. In December of that year I joined the Century 21 family and have never looked back.
I am the proud mother of 2 beautiful daughters and grandmother to 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons.
I have had the pleasure of seeing much of this great country and although the Maritimes is home, my next favourite place would have to be British Columbia.
My 5 grandchildren are my favourite get away from work release. As the saying goes "if I had known how great it is to have grandchildren, I would have had them first". There is nothing more enjoyable than spending time with them or having them come over for their favourite "sleepover at nanny and grampy's house. I have always maintained that family should come first in all we do and I feel it even more when it comes to my grandchildren.
For those that know me, they know my main interest is in minor hockey. For a number of years my husband and I opened our home to billets for a local Junior A hockey team and it was an experience that I would never want to change. It afforded us the opportunity to make life long friends from many different provinces.
Whenever I can, the next best thing to home, is spending time at our cottage. The peace and quiet is refreshing after a hectic week at work and the nice thing about it is that we can use it year round. Just sitting around reading, doing a puzzle or having an afternoon nap makes it a great get away retreat.
Just about every Friday morning, during the school year, my day starts early as I get myself ready to go to one of the local elementary schools to cook breakfast. The shool offers a breakfast program for students who may otherwise start their day without the most important meal of the day. Friday is "french toast" day and I must say that we have the biggest group. One of my fellow agents is my partnter in crime and I must give credit where it is due - it was his idea to do this project.
Each year our company does a "fun" golf tournament during which we do raise money for a charity. For many years we chose a different charity, but the last number of years the funds have gone to the breakfast program.
In the past year a number of businesses in the area of the office formed a business association. Still in the growing stages we continue to grow and work to encourage other organizations to join. We meet monthly giving us an opportunity to network, have guest speakers and learn the benefits of doing business with people in our own community.
I would say that our company's business is quite diverse. Along with re-sale residential listings and sales, a big part of our business is also made up of:
- New construction listings and sales - we are proud to represent a number of quality builders
- First time buyers will find that our representatives have the experience to guide them through the buying process
- Investment properties, both listing and selling takes a special expertise and we have agents that can help in that area
- Land - whether it be large tracts, small parcels or sub-divisions - we have the resources to assist
- Condos - New or re-sale - Many of our associates have taken a specialized course that will assist our buyers and/or sellers should this be the market they are interested in
Our associates live and work in all areas of HRM, not limited to the "cities". Where we can give the service that the consumer needs and deserves, we are prepared to do the work.
A believer in continuing education, I participate and attend in courses made available through our Association. Below is a partial list on courses completed in the last couple of years:
- Agency Fundamentals
- Understanding Designated Agency
- Buyer Agency
- Estate Planning - Property & New Probate Act
- Registry 2000
- Conflict Resolution
- Consumer Protection
- Canadian Criminal Law and Selling Real Estate
- Professionalism and Rish Reduction
- Habits that Protect
- Privacy Act for Brokers
Our Relationship with Sellers and Buyers
There have been changes in our industry in the last number of years that has an impact on the Agency relationship between the consumer and the REALTOR™. Our brokerage made the decision to fall under the rules and regulations of "Designated Agency" - This model allows a Seller to be represented by a specific designated agent and allows another agent within the brokerage to fully represent a Buyer that may be interested in the property. Our decision to make this change came after serious consideration of all aspects of what would be best in representing our clients and/or customers.
A brokerage representative has the responsibility of explaining the options you have when choosing to work with a real estate brokerage. It is in your best interests to understand what duties you are owed and what limitations there are of might be when you choose a certain relationship. Ask questions and be sure you are satisfied with the answers before you enter into a relationship with a particular brokerage. That's the surest path to success!
For a complete copy of the Information Booklet for BUYING or SELLING Real Estate, as produced by NSAR, please contact our office at 434-9090
CENTURY 21® Awards
- 2017 - Franchisee of the Year
- 2006 - Long Term Service Award
- CENTURY 21 Global Referral Specialist
- ProPower 21