Visit www.newscanada.com for the complete article
The following are five safety tips as you prepare for an open house:
1) Put away items of value ... stow away items such as jewelllery and family heirlooms. Store prescrition drugs in a location other than your medicine cabinet.
2) Ask your REALTOR® if they plan to escort people through your home. By giving guided tours to one small group at a time, you won't lose track of visitors
3) Keep personal documents out of view ... Protect your privacy
4) Take inventory of any remaining personal property ... take notes of personal items that you are unable to store
5) Find out if visits will be asked to sign a guest register. Keeping a list of visitor information is not only a useful safety tip, it also provides a list of prospects that can be followed up with.