OTTAWA - December 15, 2011 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national resale housing activity rose slightly in November 2011 from the previous month.
- Sales activity rose slightly (+0.5 per cent) from October to November on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- Year-to-date sales remained in line with the 10 year average, but pulled further ahead of last year’s levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was down 3.4 per cent from October to November.
- The national housing market remains balanced, but is edging closer to seller’s market territory.
- The national average price posted a 4.6 per cent year-over-year gain in November, the smallest increase since January.
Click here to read the full article