Changes to MPNP-Business Program
Young Farmer Program is now closed. No more applications or Exploratory Visit applications will be received for Young Farmer or farmers applying through the Business Program.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI) has replaced the Young Farmer Program. There is no age limitation in the FSRI. "All" farming applicants must now apply through the FSRI Program.
Applicants applying to the FSRI must submit a complete nomination application (including a $2,500 processing fee) after completing the mandatory exploratory visit and attending an interview. There is no fee for the interview.
Criteria of FSRI is as follows:
* Minimum verifiable net worth of CDN$350,000.
* Minimum of 3 years farm business management or ownership experience with documented verifiable farm business experience or ownership.
* Demonstrated adaptability to reflect that their practical farming skills, experience and practices will transfer directly to Manitoba's primary production farm industry that are currently in practice today.
* Make a minimum investment of $150,000 into a farm business.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI):
- The Young Farmer Nominee Program has been replaced by a Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative to facilitate the recruitment of the most suitable farmer immigrants.
- Applicants interested in applying for the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative are not required to submit an Expression of Interest.
- Applicants to the FSRI are no longer required to submit an Exploratory Visit Applicant Information Form. The Program will stop accepting new Requests for an Exploratory Visit effective immediately.
- All applicants are required to use the new application forms and comply with new documentation requirements. An exploratory visit to Manitoba for a minimum of 5 working days and interview with a program officer are mandatory.
- An exploratory visit and interview must be completed prior to submitting the nomination application. Nomination applications submitted prior to completion of the exploratory visit and interview will not be processed and returned to the applicant.
- The Program will start accepting Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative nomination applications with the applicable non-refundable processing fee of $2,500 immediately.
- The good-faith deposit for the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative is $75,000.
Current Farm Applicants
- Applicants who have already completed an exploratory visit to Manitoba and been interviewed by a Program Officer within the last year will be allowed to submit their complete applications within 90 days from the date of this notification. These applicants will be assessed based on previous Program requirements; however, applicants are required to use new application forms and comply with new documentation requirements.
- Those who have received a letter of invitation to conduct the exploratory visit to Manitoba will be allowed to continue through the current process and eligibility requirements. Applicants are, however, required to use new application forms and comply with new documentation requirements. These applicants are requested to contact the program (by e-mail) immediately to make arrangements for their exploratory visit and schedule a date for their interview.
- Those who have received a letter of invitation to conduct the exploratory visit to Manitoba, or have conducted an exploratory visit to Manitoba, or have submitted their complete application will not be affected by process change, eligibility requirements, or by the fee requirement.
Other: - Further details regarding the qualification criteria, all other requirements as well as relevant forms and supporting documents will be posted on this website in due course.