Are you wanting to add more value to your home? Developing your basement can add $20,000 to $30,000 to your list price! Follow these next steps and to be successful in your endeavor.
1. It is crucial to receive a basement developing permit.
2. If you are planning to develop a secondary suite, check with the planning department to see whether your home is properly zoned for this.
3. An inspection is required after the rough-in of the framing, plumbing, HVAC, gas and electrical. Make sure this inspection is done prior to installing the insulation and drywall.
To apply for a basement permit you must complete the accessory permit application form and submit to Building Inspections. A list of the permit application requirements have been provided in a list below for the City of Airdrie.
- Developing your basement brochure (pdf)
- Accessory permit application checklist (pdf)
- Accessory permit process (pdf)
- Permit fees bylaw (pdf)
If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime from your local Realtor!