Information shared from Torontomls.net
TREB has released never seen before housing data.
This report is full of valuable information that will further help the way over 43,000 real estate professionals assist their clients and also sheds light on the liveability and economic competitiveness of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and the wider Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH).
Contents of the report include:
- Never before seen Ipsos statistics on recent and intending home buyers that will assist REALTORS® in serving the public, including:
- The share of households who purchased a home in the last year or who plan to purchase one over the next year.
- Types of homes that respondents purchased or plan to purchase including price information.
- The share of respondents who bought or who plan to buy a new or resale home.
- Down payment amount, mortgage rate and term of the actual or planned purchase.
- The share of actual or would-be purchasers that are first-time home buyers.
- Information on the renovation plans of recent and prospective purchasers.
- An overview of the real estate market in 2015 and a look ahead at what to expect in 2016.
- An exploration of what makes the GGH liveable and what we can do to improve its liveability and global competitiveness and a cohesive approach to future development of the region, with feedback from leaders in all levels of government as well as the non-profit and the private sectors.
- The latest information on the new home market, including what it's like to build within the current land use policy framework, with insight from BILD and RealNet.
In short, this report provides a sense of not only where the real estate market currently stands and where it is heading, but also how the real estate industry is inextricably linked to the broader prosperity of our economic and political community.