Not all homes are created equally unfortunately. If you are in the market to buy a home, there are many different things you will want to consider when you are ready to make a purchase. Have a REALTOR® assist you and point out the small things that may have big impact when you decide to re-sell your home.
There are numerous factors that can and will affect the resale value of your home, most notably the market. However, there are a few steady indicators of what increases the desirability of some homes vs. others for resale value. See below for a few of the strongest and most important factors to consider when buying a home with resale value:
- Location, Location, Location: You have heard it before, and now again, but location is one of the most important dictators of what homes sell and for what type of dollar. Choosing a home in a good location should have a huge impact on the resale value of your home.
- Number of Rooms: Typically a home should have more than 2 bedrooms to increase resale value. Even if it is a couple buying your home, they will most likely want an extra room for an office etc…
- Number of Bathrooms: More than one bathroom is a must for top-dollar.
- Storage & Closets: Having adequate closet and storage space helps to attract a broader range of potential buyers. These days, this is a big attraction.
- Layout: Current trends put open, bright spaces at the top of the list. Spaces that are dark and closed-in are often off putting to potential buyers.
- Updates: Upgrades and updates are another indicator of resale value. Even small changes can have a huge impact on the resale value of your home.
When you start searching for a home, consider not only how the home will suit your current needs, but also how it will suit others when your time comes to put it on the market again.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com