Many people disregard December as a good buying month, due to the busyness of the holiday season. However, buying in December might have a few perks for you. MSN Real Estate just released an article stating the benefits of buying over the holiday season.
Despite poor weather and fewer homes being on the market, there are some definite perks to buying in December.
- Sellers that keep their homes on the market during the holiday months are often very motivated to sell. This is an advantage to you as a buyer
- Competition for you as a buyer will be less, as fewer people are participating in the housing market during December
- Your home-buying team (REALTOR®, lenders etc…) will have more time to focus on you as their client as they will have fewer people engaging them as resources during this time
- Typically interest rates are lower than in the spring months
- You can get the move done and enjoy your spring and summer in your new home!
SOURCE: MSN Real Estate http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=26601873
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com