Selling your home on your own without the help of a REALTOR® is a convoluted process. Although this task can be daunting, and is not the recommended way to sell your home, it is possible, if you are qualified, educated and prepared to do all of the work and understand all of the complicated legal provisions associated with selling your home.
It is a fact that most homes sold by the owner, are sold at lower prices than those sold through a REALTOR®. If you are considering selling your home on your own, be sure to consider the following:
- Do you have the knowledge and appropriate research to price your home at a fair market value? (Remember, most buyers looking at for sale by owner homes, know that you are not paying a REALTOR’S® commission or fee, so will expect it to be a lower price).
- Are you able to effectively market your home in a way that attracts the most potential buyers?
- Do you have strong negotiating skills and understand all of the terms and conditions of the contract that could be negotiable?
- Do you have a solid, clear understanding of how to create a legally binding and enforceable contract? Do you understand the implications of each term and condition in the contract?
- Do you have an extensive network of contacts to create a large and solid list of potential buyers for your home?
- Do you have the time and availability in your schedule to arrange showings and viewings of your home? Buyers will expect evening, weekend and daytime showings. A flexible viewing schedule is essential to accommodate buyers.
- Are you prepared to go up against a buyer who has the help of a REALTOR® in negotiations?
- Are you aware of the various steps involved in the sale of a home, including the closing steps and costs?
If there are any of the above considerations that you are not confident and comfortable with then it is essential that you use a real estate professional to help sell your home.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com