The cold wintery months and barren landscapes of Southern Ontario can pose a challenge for maintaining curb appeal in the winter. As the snow settles in and the trees lose their leaves, it is important that you do the best job to keep the exterior of your home as attractive as possible to entice potential buyers. See below for some tips to maintain curb appeal in the winter months:
- Ensure that the garage door and front door are in good shape. Dull, out-dated paint colours or peeling paint can put potential buyers off. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way in brightening up the outside of your home.
- Spruce up the trim around your home if necessary. Also ensure that all windows are clean.
- Be sure to include evergreens in your landscaping so that the lawn is not completely barren in the winter months.
- Consider placing pots around the front entry way with evergreens or plants that can handle the harsh winter weather.
- Update exterior light fixtures to a more modern look if necessary. Be sure that all bulbs are in working order. If you have a front walkway, small landscape lighting along the path can add a nice touch (even if snow is on top of them, it will create a cozy glow).
- Maximize your front porch or entry way by adding seasonal touches. A nice wreath on the door or a new front doormat can add a nice touch.
- Update your address numbers or clean existing ones so that they are bright and fresh.
- Be sure to keep your driveway and entry way free of snow and ice so that potential buyers can safely access your home.
- Keep seasonal decorations tasteful and to a minimum in order to attract the maximum number of potential buyers.
It is possible to achieve great curb appeal in the winter. Small touches and a bit of time to clean and spruce up the exterior can go a long way in making your home appealing to potential buyers.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com