The age old debate over whether or not renovating can add value to the resale of your home is a constant one. However, there are a few projects that should add value when it comes time to sell your home again. Please see below for a list of five projects to consider investing in:
- Painting: One of the most basic and easiest projects to undertake is to paint. Whether interior, exterior or both, painting typically increases the value and attractiveness of your home. Be sure to do a professional job, and stick to warm, neutral colours that will not overwhelm potential buyers.
- Bathroom addition: The number of bathrooms your home has can greatly influence potential buyers. If your home only has one bathroom, adding an additional bathroom will add great value to your home and attract a lot more potential buyers.
- Kitchen remodelling: Kitchens are the hub of most homes, thus, remodelling a kitchen can influence the value of your home. One of the most expensive renovations to undertake, but often one of the most effective. Be sure to do a full job if you are going to undertake this project (for example, don’t replace countertops to granite if you are going to keep dated cupboards and appliances).
- Bathroom remodelling: Updating a bathroom can be a smaller project with big effects. Keep to classic looks that are modern and efficient when choosing bathroom fixtures. Update lighting, hardware and paint to finish off the look.
- Finishing unfinished space: Finishing unfinished space, whether it’s the basement, or other rooms can significantly increase the value of your home. It adds to the overall useable square footage of your home.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com