It inevitably feels like there is never enough room for all of our stuff. How do we stay organized, neat and tidy when we have small storage spaces and tiny closets? Although we can’t always make our spaces bigger than they are, there are some tips and tricks to maximize the space you do have.
- The first step is always to purge and de-clutter. Getting rid of items you no longer need and/or use always helps to free up space. Donate any items that are still in good condition to goodwill.
- Keep seasonal items in storage bins to free up closet space. Flat under-the-bed storage bins are now available to keep clothing accessible but out of the closets
- Maximize closet space by hanging rods at different heights, or use double-decker rods to ensure that you can hang most of your items
- Buy a shoe rack that can showcase all of your shoes in a neat and tidy fashion
- Consider adding some shelving to your closet space
- Stackable baskets and storage bins can keep small items, such as scarves, hats and belts organized and together
- Consult a professional or consider a custom built closet
These are just a few tips to help you get the most out of your space. If you are selling your home, be sure to have all spaces neat, tidy and organized to ensure that potential buyers can get a true feel of how these spaces can be utilized.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org