Moving can be a very costly endeavour for you and your family. However, there are a few things that you can do to cut down on some of the costs. See below for a list of tips to help you save on moving.
- Flexibility with moving dates can help to reduce costs (Beginning and end of the month are usually the most popular times to move). Also, moving during the week as opposed to on the weekend can sometimes save you money.
- Purge old items that you no longer use or need. Be selective with what you choose to bring to your new place. Moving costs are usually based on weight so the lighter your load, the lighter your bill.
- Ask around to see if anyone has any boxes for you. Save money by not purchasing boxes
- Save money by packing yourself, instead of getting the movers to do it (this should significantly reduce your costs)
- Pack your car to its maximum so that the load is less on the moving truck
- Shop around. Consult a few different moving companies to make sure you are getting the best possible price
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com