First impressions are usually lasting; therefore, it’s critical that your home shows at its absolute best for showings and open houses. Most importantly, have your home, clean, tidy, and bright. It is essential to remove clutter and clear countertops. This not only shows prospective buyers that you have pride in ownership, but it provides the illusion of a bigger space.
Ensure that you, your children and your pets are out of the home during showings and open houses. This allows prospective buyers to feel more comfortable looking around your home, opening cupboards etc…
Here are a few tips to prepare your home for showings and open houses:
- Clean and tidy – ensure that all clutter is removed from counter tops and surfaces
- Turn all lights on and replace any burned out bulbs
- Open all blinds and curtains to allow natural light in
- Try not to cook anything strong before a viewing as cooking smells can turn buyers off (unless of course it’s a batch of fresh cookies!)
- Small touches like fresh flowers, or setting your dining room table go along way
- Have the fireplace on if it’s a colder day – this will create a cozy illusion
- Buyers will look in closets and cupboards, so ensure that these spaces aren’t forgotten. Tidy and organize all spaces.
- Depersonalize your home – remove personal photos etc… This allows prospective buyers to imagine themselves in your home
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com