When you are looking for a home to purchase, it’s very easy to become focused on the actual buying price of the home. Despite the attractive rates that are currently out there, there are still a number of additional costs that you will want to take into consideration when you are budgeting for your home purchase. Be aware that some of the below might be charges that you are required to pay when buying a property.
- Legal fees: A lawyer is a part of your home buying team and you will likely have to pay a lawyer fees for such sings as searching the title, handling the transaction and perhaps arranging a site survey.
- Mortgage fees: There are charges often associated with arranging a new first mortgage
- Property transfer tax: A provincial property transfer tax has to be paid by the buyer
- Home Inspection: If you are arranging a home inspection, there will be a fee associated.
- Property Insurance: to cover the replacement value of your home and its contents
- Moving costs: Hiring a moving truck, packing costs and materials can all add up.
- Hook ups: Arranging new telephone and cable services and other utilities
Talk to your REALTOR® before you embark on the home buying process so that he or she can guide you and give you a clear picture of what to expect cost-wise.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org