The first impression often makes a lasting impression, and this goes for real estate too. When selling your home, most buyers make a decision whether or not they are going to make an offer on your home before they even get inside the house! This emphasizes the importance of having an attractive and well-maintained exterior to entice potential buyers to get inside your home to see more. Here are a few tips to increase the ‘curb appeal’ of your home:
- Start with the basics: ensure that your front walkway is clean and tidy. Sweep, shovel and get rid of any leaves or debris. Make sure the lawn is mowed and the flower beds are maintained.
- Walk around the front of your house and make a list of any minor repairs that are needed such as painting, trim work, etc...
- Ensure that all exterior lights are in working order and cobwebs are brushed away.
- Increase appeal by adding a few hanging baskets or potted plants around the front entry way and garage
- Small touches such as new address numbers can make a difference (remove old ones if they are rusted or weathered)
Most importantly, make sure the exterior of your home looks tidy and well-maintained. Not only does this attract buyers but it displays a pride of ownership to them and indicates that the interior will be well cared for too.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org