Selling during the holiday season is one of those ‘grey’ areas. Some people think it is beneficial as it lets buyers know that you are a serious and motivated seller. Others think it is a waste of time and resources, as fewer buyers are active during the holidays. If you do choose to keep your home on the market, use a few of the below tips to increase your success.
- Buyers are aware that you may have some holiday decorations, but try to keep these to a minimum in order not to overwhelm potential buyers
- Keep your home tidy, clean and use tasteful décor to attract the maximum number of buyers
- Keep holiday lighting to a minimum, try not to do an overwhelming lighting display. Consider using small, white lights as opposed to large, multi-coloured lighting.
- Add a cozy winter touch to your home. Keep the home warm and light candles and the fireplace to invoke a cozy feel.
- Clear snow and ice always. Be sure to have a clear pathway to the home and have the driveway tidy and free of danger
- Clear clutter and unfortunately that does mean some of the Christmas presents and decorations. Remember clutter makes a home feel smaller, so try and free up as much space as possible.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org