There are certain things in life that provide a signal to you, and there are a few that seem to ‘scream’ that “it’s time to make a move”. Watch out for the below signals that may indicate that it’s time for you and your family to move to another location or home.
- Family changes: If your family is growing, it just might be time to make a move to a more ‘kid-friendly’ home or to a home that has extra bedrooms to fit your growing family. Features like a big backyard might be a necessity once you have little ones running around. Conversely, if you have kids that are leaving your home to start their own lives, it might be time to downsize.
- Neighbourhood: The neighbourhood you are in can fit your needs at a certain point in life, but not others. For example, those living in a downtown core might find it the perfect location, but if children arrive, then a more suburban neighbourhood might be more suitable.
- Job Change: A job change can signal that its time to make a move if your new job is going to be a far commute. Changes in life and routine can greatly affect the decision to move. Deciding how you want to utilize your time (on the road, or at home) will be a big factor in a potential move.
- Retirement: If you are retiring, then it is often a great time to make a move. You may want to live a different lifestyle in your retirement years… perhaps spend your winters somewhere warm. If this is the case, it is often a signal that it might be time to move.
- Properties in your neighbourhood are at a premium: If your neighbourhood is becoming a ‘hot spot’ and properties are selling high, this might be a very smart financial move for you to put your home on the market. The potential profit may be very enticing. If you notice this type of activity going on, consider the effects a move will have on you and your family.
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com