With countless television shows, magazines and handy stores like the Home Depot out there, more and more people are braving home renovation projects on their own. Furthermore, we are beginning to realize that some small and inexpensive changes throughout the home, can have a huge impact on the overall feel, mood and look of the home.
If you are feeling like your home needs a 'boost', then consider trying to make a few minor updates. First and foremost, a fresh coat of paint can go a very long way in updating the overall appeal of your home. Not only does it provide a clean and fresh feel, but you can make rooms feel much bigger by choosing neutral, warmer shades. See below for some more tips that provide big impact on a small budget:
- Change the hardware on your kitchen cabinets
- Change the hardware in your bathroom
- Consider updating faucets and fixtures
- Choose a select few modern lighting fixtures
- Minimize the clutter and accessories throughout your home to make a space feel bigger
- Buy new throw pillows for couches and bedrooms to update their look
- Consider changing door knobs throughout your home if you have older, dated ones
- Update window treatments and blinds
- Change the accessories in a room
- Buy new throw rugs
By making these minor changes throughout your home, you can make a huge difference in the overall mood, feel and appeal of your home!
For any real estate assistance in the Oakville, Burlington, Milton area contact Mary at email@example.com