In the Regna area, 317 homes sold in September, up 18% from the 269 sales in September 2012. The number of sales was slightly above the immediate past five-year average of 313 and well above the ten-year average of 277 for the month. This is the third consecutive month that sales exceeded 2012 levels as reported by the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc.
Statistics for September 2013 compared to September 2012:
- Sales in Regina and area:
- up 18% - from 269 to 317
- Sales in the city:
- up 21% - from 212 to 256
- Average sale price in Regina and area including bedroom communities was up 7%:
- from $296,754 to $317,273
- Average sale price in the city:
- up 2% - from $318,479 to $324,790
- Average price to the end of September was $312,092, up 5% from $2012's $298,549
- Number of sales to the end of the third quarter - 2,957 sales, down 9% from 2012's 3,258 sales.
- In the city there were 2,409 sales, down 6% from 2012 when 2,566 sales occurred.
During the month, homes which sold were on the market for an average of 41 days before selling at an average of 96.4% of the asking price.
In Regina and area there were 1,886 active listings on the market at the end of September, including 1,048 in the city. There were 627 new listings placed on the MLS® System during the month, up 15% from 547 in 2012.
As local market expert, contact myself for real estate inquiries.