The Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc. (Multiple Listing Service) reported that residential sales are down slightly from August 2011.
Statistics for August 2012 compared to August 2011:
- Sales in Regina and area:
- down 11% - from 387 to 346
- Sales in the city:
- down 15% - from 316 to 268
- Average sale price in Regina and area:
- up 9% - from $278,913 $304,513
- Average sale price in the city:
- up 10 - from $293,181 to $322,624
- Active Listings at the end of August:
- 1,418, including 644 in the city of which 90 are conditionally sold
- New listings in the month of August:
- up 3% - from 567 to 584
- Number of Sales
- up 11% - from 2,662 to 2,946
- Average sale price:
- up 8% - from $276,926 to $300,513
The dip in residential sales in August has contributed to an improved supply of inventory making more choices for buyers than there has been for most of the year.
As local market experts, CENTURY 21 Dome Realty sales professionals are uniquely trained and qualified to help home buyers and sellers. To view property listings, please visit my website at www.century21.ca/michael.antonini.