Your Local Experts care.
With Fall Season upon us and winter soon encroaching, many of us are taking advantage of the last few nice days to get our yards ready for winter's heavy blanket of white snow. While we are doing such tasks it is a good opportunity to make our homes a little safer for our families and guests.
ASSESS THE POTENTIAL DANGERS IN YOUR YARD:
- Are your steps and sidewalks clear and free from tools and toys?
- Is your yard free from glass, nails, yard tools and other sharp items?
- Do you check play equipment and lawn furniture fro safe use?
- Are clotheslines strung high so no one can walk into them?
- Do gardeners wear protective clothing?
- Does the person using the power mower wear study shoes?
- Are children kept away from power tools when they are in use?
- Are charcoal grills kept clean and gas stored carefully?
Take a few moments to assess your risks and take steps to minimize hazards
Source: Life @ Home Sept, 2009