1. Curb appeal: Get rid of the rusty cars and old tires. If possible, take down the Christmas lights and put some pots of flowers around the front door.
2. Refresh to paint on your front door & anywhere it is not in good repair.
3. O.K. - enter your home and smell! Do you smell dog or cat? This smell has got to go!
4. Have your carpets and drapes cleaned or replaced.
5. Now look at your walls. Do they need repairs? Get it done.
6. Take a look at your paint colours. Are they too strong or bright or dark? Repainting in a neutral tone will reap big rewards.
7. Now the kitchen. Is it outdated? Do whatever budget allows to bring it up to date - even if you only do a major de-clutter and clean.
8. Bathrooms are very important. Make sure they look their very best. This is an area to spend some money.
9. The basement should be clean and fresh smelling. This is another area for a big de-clutter
10. De-clutter everywhere. Have 3 boxes - one for "keep", on for "garbage" and one for "goodwill". If you have too much furniture, consider renting a storage space until the house is sold.