Stressed out? Learning how to manage work stress can help restore calm, productivity and job satisfaction.
- Recognize what’s causing your stress. Deadlines? Conflict? Work/life balance out of whack? Then work on tackling the issue(s) productively.
- Try to understand your specific reactions to those stress triggers. How can you better control your response? It’s not always easy to do this but it can be very effective.
- If you work at a desk, take short breaks to stretch and breathe. If you’re on your feet all day, find a comfortable spot out of the way to sit for a bit and relax.
- Have too much on your plate? Don’t agree to unrealistic deadlines if at all possible. If this happens regularly, you should consider your commitments more carefully in the future.
- If possible, take a short walk outside to stretch your legs and remind yourself that work isn’t all there is!