Looking for an easy way to stretch your condo budget? Picking a building with shared laundry can be substantially cheaper than a building with insuite laundry. There are many benefits to having shared laundry:
1. Get your laundry done faster. If the shared laundry room has multiple machines, and you can use more than one at a time (check the bylaws or rules first), you will be able to get your laundry done faster.
2. Built in exercise. Hate going to the gym? Think of the walk to the laundry room as your exercise for the day.
3. More space in your unit. Think of all the things that you could fit into the space that the washer and dryer usually occupy. It is like having another storage locker.
4. Less to maintain or replace. No need to worry about maintaining or replacing aging machines.
5. Less liability. No need to worry about your machines overflowing and causing damage to other units in the building (which you would be responsible for repairing through your insurance policy)....and no need to worry about your neighbor's machines damaging your unit.
6. More visiting with your neighbors. Laundry rooms are great places to meet your neighbors.
7. Better set up than in your condo. Often the shared laundry room will come with a folding table and a large laundry sink if you need to soak something.
8. And, larger machines mean you can wash more in one load or wash larger items like the comforter from your bed.
The shared laundry room at Admiral's Walk: 7631 Steveston Highway, Richmond BC features 5 Huebsch washers and 5 Huebsch dryers plus a deep laundry sink and a folding table. It is $1.25 to wash and $1 to dry. This can be yours.
The laundry room is located on the second floor of the building next to the elevator. It has a bathroom and a sitting area so that you can relax between loads.
There is even a view -- look out into the beautifully landscaped courtyard garden from the laundry room!