While a REALTOR® is hosting an Open House at your home, there are lots of things that you can do as a seller to pass the time, while you are away from your home during this short period.
- Take a walk. If the weather holds up, take a stroll to the nearest park. Luckily in Saskatoon, we have a whole bunch of parks that are within walking distance to almost everyone! Enjoy the walking trails, catch a glimpse of the neighbourhood wildlife (birds, squirrels, gophers or if you are lucky, maybe even a deer). Pack a picnic lunch and head to the park. Here is a link to the many Saskatoon city parks. You are guaranteed to find one close by!
- Head to the Saskatoon Farmer's Market. Like their slogan says "there is always something happening at the market". Check out the many wonderful Saskatoon artisans as they share their creativity through food, music and craft! Located near the beautiful South Saskatchewan River, at River Landing.
- Visit the Western Development Museum. Take yourself back in time as you wander the great halls into history!
- Do some dining. There are so many great places to eat in Saskatoon! Whether you are looking for a fun snack, a healthy meal, fantastic atmosphere or just plain ole good service, here are a few of my favourites:
- Go shopping! Here is a list of my favourite shopping venues!
Ok...I better just stop now. Waaaay too many of my favourites to list....
- Take a drive out to the Berry Barn. Enjoy the views of the South Saskatchewan River from the country style dining room, while you indulge in a delicious piece of Saskatoon Berry pie. Walk the U-Pick patch and bring home a basket of fresh berries, or shop the greenhouse and Berry Barn store for lots of wonderful treasures. Just a short drive (7 miles) down Valley Road.
- View some art! Check out the wonderful collections and exhibits that this wonderful city has acquired.
- Go to a movie. The length is just about the right amount of time to be away! Check out what's playing online.
There really is so much that you can do while you are away from your home during an Open House. If you need any other suggestions, feel free to call me!
Michelle Hourd - REALTOR® - Century 21 Fusion