MoneySense ranks Regina as one of the “Best Places to Live” in Canada 2015.
MoneySense measures the quality of life in 209 cities across the country. Regina ranked #44 out of 209 cities in Canada, Saskatchewan faired well overall with eight cities making the list:
- Regina - #44
- Saskatoon - #51
- Moose Jaw - #70
- Yorkton - #86
- North Battleford - #106
- Estevan - #128
- Swift Current - #147
- Prince Albert - #175
Various categories are rated to determine which urban area offer the best places to live, work and play. Categories include: weather, affordable housing, household income, discretionary income, new cars on the road, job prospects, population growth, health care access, low crime and ability to walk or bike to work.
Here are some of the reasons why Regina placed 44th:
- Median household income - $78,090
- Average amount of discretionary income in residents’ pockets yearly - $45,135.78
- Average household new worth - $409,629
- Percentage of Owned Homes - 72.3
- Number of days annually above 20 degrees Celsius – 107.5
- Percentage drop in crime rate over five years – minus 30.1
- Percent unemployment rate – 4.65
- Percent of new cars, 2012 model year and up – 18.7
- Percentage of people that walk to work – 4.6
Regina also ranked #6 on the MoneySense list for Canada's top cities to buy real estate.
If you’re planning to move to Regina, one of the best places to live in Canada, or currently live in this great city and are considering buying or selling, check out our website.