Moving is a BIG deal and helping your children through the transition is a an important consideration. You might be surprised to know that moving can be a FUN and EXCITING time for the entire family!
1. Include your children in your decision making process prior to your move. No one likes to be left out, including your children. Review some of the questions, your REALTOR® spoke to you about; such as "What would you like to see in your new home?" "What are some things you like and dislike about your current home?"
2. Let your children know what to expect when it comes to showing your current home to prospective buyers.
3. Once you have decided where you will be moving to, get involved in your new community as soon as possible. Ask your REALTOR® to let you know of any community events that may be coming up in your new neighbourhood. Use your weekends as an opportunity to take advantage of the parks, trails and amenities in the your new neighbourhood.
4. Know where your children will be going to school, familiarize yourself and enjoy the play equipment. Get acquainted with drop off and pick up zones.
5. Find suitable childcare for the day of the big move. It can be stressfull time but having having everything well organized and ready for your children when they arrive at their new home will help to make it an easy transition for everyone.