I had the privilege of attending a very informative session this morning with fellow REALTORS and various departments from The City of Brampton.
I will start with some interesting numbers;
- Brampton has 8000 business' with 90% of them having less than 50 staff
- Current population of 560,000 is growing to over 800,000 by 2031making it the 2nd fastest growing city in Canada
- Brampton has one of the youngest populations with the average age being 33.7 years !!
- 9th Largest City in Canada
- 3rd Largest City in the GTA
- Largest Employers in the city come from a wide variety of industries and include Loblaws and Maple Lodge in the Food Industry, Rogers Communications, Life Science employers include The Civic Hospital and Gamma Dynacare, Goods Distribution is strong with Canadian Tire Corp, UTI and M-O Freightlines and the advanced manufacturing sector representing 25% of Brampton's total employment includes Chrysler, Massive DIC, Magna, Par Pak and Matcor.
- Brampton has been awarded the Safe City designation from The World Health Organization making it only one of about 10 cities in North America with this distinction
Brampton's 150+ year heritage can be seen on every corner in the city through the beautiful Flower Beds and while Brampton hangs tight to it's heritage it is quickly emerging as a future forward community with a focus on youth and technology. With one of the youngest population in the country, Brampton is a city that is alive and vibrant!!
New Home growth is up 65%, over 218 kms of walking trails, state of the art Community Centres and Communities ( check out Mount Pleasant next time you are in the area!! ) Downtown Brampton is in the throws of a huge transformation, from new business' such as Starbucks, The Works, Coffee Culture, Pita Pit and Subway to name a few. The City has implemented a development charge incentive for business' looking at relocation to the downtown core and as a result new development is up 22% !! City Hall, The Farmer's Market, Art Gallery, Museum, The Rose Theatre, Train and Bus Stations plus over 2000 new residents in various new condos is making for a very "Happening" Downtown.
As a young, educated family you will find cultural diversity, high tech jobs all within a vibrant, modern community. Brampton offers a wide variety of homes from Condos in the $150's to stunning executive estates in the millions.
If you are thinking of a move within the City please give me a call and we can chat about specific neighbourhoods that might interest you and your family.