Your little prince or princess is about to start school and you dont know where to begin ? Here are some quick tips to get you started.
1st you need to find out which school your child will attend by calling the Peel planning department at 905-890-1010 or 1-800-668-1146 ext. 2212 or visit www.peelschools.org ( click on find schools to find out which school your child will attend.
Where to register?
Register your child at the school he or she will attend. Schools accept registrations throughout the school year. It’s best to visit the school Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. You can also contact your school to set up an appointment.
New to Canada?
If your family is new to Canada, your child may need an orientation interview to register for school. Call 905-366-8791 to talk to our staff and book an appointment. Appointments are available in several languages, and there is no fee for registration.
Documents to bring to registration
- Proof of child's age
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian passport
- citizenship card/certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- refugee permit
- Proof of address
- purchase agreement
- utility bill
- bank statement/client slip (directly from financial institution)
- Record of Landing
- confirmation of permanent residence
- work permit
- credit card statement
- federal government forms (e.g. Social Insurance
- Number, Service Canada documents)
- Ontario driver's licence
Proof of custody
- – children must live with their parent(s) unless provided documentation supports an alternate living arrangement
Proof of immunization
- – proof that your child has been immunized, according to the recommended immunization schedule in Ontario, to protect against the following:
- red measles
- rubella (German measles)
For more information visit the specific school website for more information