10 easy ways to green your home
- Replace your old appliances with Energy Star-labelled ones.
- Turn down the thermostats during colder months and keep cozy with a sweater.
- Use a low-flow toilet and turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Use simple ingredients for cleaning such as plain soap, water, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), vinegar, washing soda (sodium carbonate) and lemon juice.
- Change old bulbs to Compact Fluorescent ones. CFLs bulbs use 66% less energy than a standard incandescent bulb and last up to 10 times longer.
- Buy unbleached paper towels and toilet paper.
- Use your own reusable carrying bags when grocery shopping.
- Bamboo is considered an environmentally friendly flooring material due to its high yield and the relatively fast rate at which it replenishes itself. Try beautiful bamboo floors instead of hardwood.
- Use your compost and recycling box
- Use zero- or low-VOC paint, made by most major paint manufacturers today.
Remember – A little bit of extra effort goes a long way to helping our environment. Do your part today and every day!
If you have any Real Estate questions:
Please contact me @
905.845.9180 - Office
905.407.7381 - Direct
CENTURY 21 Miller Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage, Independently Owned and Operated
Cell: 905.407.7381 | Office: 905.845.9180 | Fax: 905.845.7674
Follow me on these sites: