New Home Report Exposes Home's History
Home buyers now have a new tool to help them get the low down on a new home they are thinking of purchasing. The history report, which is compiled by HomeVerified, is available for homes in every major municipality in Canada.
A typical home history report will include the following:
- The home's insurance claims history for current and prior owners
- The insurance claims record for the neighbourhood including water damage, fire damage, burglary / theft, windstorm / hail and more
- Local school rankings including Tests Below Standar (%), OSSLT passed (%) and a number of other rankings
- Local demographics and amenities, such as banks, coffee shops, transit and shopping
- Contact information for politicians, including the mayor, MPs, MPPs, and municipal councillors
- Any history of a grow-op in the home, showing results from a Canada-wide search for marijuana grow-ops
The HomeVerified Report is available to real estate agents, lawyers, banks and other Teranet (the company responsible for distribution and sale) subscribers for $49.95. Homeowners and non-Teranet subsribers can order a report for $69.95.
In each case, the homeowner must consent to the release of the report. Home sellers who do not wish the report to be ordered for their home should provide clear instructions to their real estate agents, as the standard form Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) listing agreement contains language broad enough to permit realtors to order the reports for homes they list.
Thanks very much for reading. As always, if you would like to discuss your current real estate situation, I would love to offer my expert knowledge of the Oakville and Burlington markets. I will also show you how my exceptional marketing plan will help you get more money for your home and also make it sell faster. You can reach me at 905 845 9180, or by email at email@example.com.
Century 21 Miller Real Estate Ltd, Brokerage
Independently Owned and Operated
905 845 9180