Bring us your pennies! Bring us your bottles! Bring us your clothing donations! Bring us your dirty cars!
It's Klean Up for the Kids day! Help us send Easter Seals Kids to Camp!
Spring “Klean Up for the Kids" Event
Saturday May 11th, 10 to 2pm
The Fifties Diner, 649 Speers Rd, Oakville (corner of Speers Rd and Fourth Line)
We are organizing this special "Send a Kid to Camp" event to help raise funds to send local children with disabilities to specially equipped Easter Seals camps.
Please join us for a fun filled day
Clothing drop off - with SafetyNet*
Face painting & fun bubbles
Mother's Day Flowers
More than 20,000 children and youth in Ontario live with physical disabilities. For the last 90 years, Easter Seals Ontario has played an important role in providing support for these kids and their families.
Often children with disabilities live with feelings of isolation and enjoy very little social interaction with their peers. For many of these children, summer camp is a real chance to establish their independence, expand personal boundaries, and explore their abilities.
Easter Seals Ontario owns and operates two fully accessible camps and is recognized as an industry leader in providing world class recreation programs for kids with physical disabilities, allowing them to experience as many activities as possible - swimming, boating, ropes courses, hockey – no matter how severe their disabilities.
The experiences, memories and friendships they create through camps like the Easter Seals Camp last far beyond the few weeks that they spend there: they help these kids to build build autonomy, self-esteem and acceptance - important for all children, but especially important for children who face additional challenges!
Here are some of the ways in which you can help:
- Make a cash donation to help support the “Send a Kid to Camp” campaign. It costs $2100 to send a kid to camp – every time we raise $2100 we know that one more kid has had a chance to have this life-changing experience. Any amount you can put towards this is greatly appreciated
- Cover the cost of some of the supplies and expenses for the car wash eg. Soap, sponges, balloons, etc
- Help us cover the costs of marketing the event eg. newspaper advertising, flyers etc.
- Donate items to be used for a raffle (suggested value of $25)
- Help us to promote our event by displaying or distributing posters at school or work
- Post the event on your website or facebook page, tweet about it to your followers etc.
- Spread the word to your clients, friends, families and encourage everyone to come out and participate
Please take a moment to check our website page: //www.century21.ca/millerrealestate/Kids_to_Camp
Be a part of it! Find out how it feels knowing that you have contributed to the success of this event and helped make dreams come true for some very special kids who get to go to camp.
If you want to donate items or volunteer to help out on the day, please be sure to get back to us no later than April 24, 2013.
The CENTURY 21 Miller Easter Seals Committee
*SafetyNet is a registered Charity that provides services to Children, youth and their families. The Charity’s focus is to work with youth and families that, for one reason or another, are struggling in the community. Our goal is to provide assistance and support for these families, and their children, and to initiate programs that will not only assist in the basic necessities, but will inspire them with courage, spirit, and confidence to overcome their present difficulties. Our initial phase of programs include tutoring, community outreach services such as a clothing bank (including toiletries), emergency non-perishable food bank, and music lessons. http://www.safetynetservices.ca/