The holiday season is upon us and many consider it a bad time to list. In fact it may be a great time to put a home on the market!
Here are 7 reasons you should list before the New Year:
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
- There are fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, allowing you to possibly sell for more money and delay closing until early next year.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays because buyers are able to make an emotional connection with the space.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a regular work month.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to start new jobs, meaning they need a change in location.
- You may even have an opportunity to be a buyer in the spring when there are a larger variety of homes on the market. Meaning you can sell high now and buy low later.