1. REALTORS® are trained professionals. Licensed by the Province of BC and are accountable to the Real Estate Council of BC.
2. REALTORS® are subject to a higher standard of performance required by the Real Estate Services Act. REALTORS® are members of real estate boards such are required to adhere to the Canadian Real Estate Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practise.
3. REALTORS® have completed comprehensive educational and licensing requirements. They must be of good reputation in order to become licensed and are committed to continuing education and consistently refine and improve their skills and professional knowledge through participation in the profession’s Professional Development Program.
4. REALTORS® have access to and use the Multiple Listing Service® and Realtor.ca listing services -- The most successful real estate listing website in Canada. MLS®and Realtor.ca® give REALTORS® access to the largest buyer pool in Canada, resulting in sellers benefitting from the widest possible exposure of their properties to the market.
5. The Multiple Listing Service® is the most complete database of property listings and transactions available in Canada. MLS® helps sellers and buyers establish the market value of a property, eliminating guesswork which results in easier, quicker and more satisfactory negotiations.
6. REALTORS® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties when selling your home. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
7. REALTORS® use standardized forms. They have access to well drafted (and court tested) clauses and phrases which affords a high level of protection and comfort to their clients.
8. REALTORS® are paid when a transaction successfully completes. Meaning that commissions and fees are not normally paid by the client unless a transaction successfully completes.
9. REALTORS® are trained marketing professionals. They know how to price and market properties so that they sell for the most money possible in the shortest time possible.Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. REALTORS® are trained negotiators. Sellers and buyers do not generally negotiate for a living. This places them at a disadvantage because they can become emotionally involved when they deal directly with an unrepresented buyer or seller. Their negotiations are further hampered because they do not have an independent party like a REALTOR® to help them negotiate the best possible deal.
11. REALTORS® are thoroughly familiar with representing buyers and sellers in real estate transactions and understand the pitfalls of the process. Sellers and buyers "doing it themselves" can make mistakes, the result of which can far outweigh any perceived or real financial advantages to be gained in saving a commission or fee.
12. REALTORS® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
13. REALTORS® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Visit Century 21 Mountainview and choose your local expert today!